The Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University combines Embry-Riddle’s expertise in aviation and aerospace with the foundational benefits of two interrelated fields, resulting in research outcomes such as avoidance systems for unmanned vehicles, assured systems in cybersecurity, or modeling and simulation.
The Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EE&CS) is a terminal degree program designed to demonstrate a student’s mastery in her/his field and ability to perform original research.
The degree program is research-oriented and will prepare graduates for careers in research and development in the corporate, government, or academic arenas.
About Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at the Daytona Beach
The Ph.D. in EE&CS degree program is housed in the Department of ECSSE in the College of Engineering at the Daytona Beach Campus, which generates significant research funding through recognized organizations and corporations.
Students are even given the chance to contribute to priority projects. Ph.D. candidates are mentored by faculty who actively engage with professional associations, publishing and presenting their work.
This program prepares graduates to contribute their knowledge, skills, and research expertise to academia, industry, and government.
With overarching research focuses in “detect and avoid” for unmanned systems and in cybersecurity and assured systems engineering for aerospace and aviation, the Ph.D. candidate will explore a research topic that culminates in a qualifying exam and successful dissertation defense.
- The PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EE&CS) is a terminal degree program designed to demonstrate a student’s mastery in her/his field and ability to perform original research.
- The degree program is research-oriented and will prepare graduates for careers in research and development in the corporate, government, or academic arenas.
- Students will be expected to conduct guided independent research culminating in a dissertation that contributes to the body of knowledge in the discipline.
- Successful students will be self-motivated, have in-depth knowledge, and be creative and critical thinkers.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 51 other PhDs in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a BS or higher degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a closely related field from an ABET accredited program or international equivalent.
- Have taken the GRE within 5 years of application, with scores having been reported to the university.
- Have demonstrated an aptitude for high-level research through submission of resumes, publications, portfolios, and/or through on-site or electronically-mediated interviews.
- Have submitted a written statement outlining their research interests and personal goals.
- Have submitted 3 letters of recommendation attesting to their aptitude, character, and work ethic.
- Have submitted a completed application packet to Graduate Admissions by the appropriate deadline.
- Have met university requirements for demonstration of English proficiency (international students whose native language is not English).
International20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 36 months.
National20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Daytona Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.