The objective of the Engineering Physics from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is to provide advanced education and research opportunities to exceptional students by providing a research environment which fosters collaboration, creative thinking and publishing of findings in nationally recognized journals.
Students are involved in a wide variety of research projects, most of which is funded by grants from NASA, the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Defense (DoD) and other agencies.
Students are able to work with state of the art optical instruments, laser systems for atmospheric sounding, a laboratory plasma chamber, a space simulation chamber, supercomputer for modeling calculations, and the largest University research telescope in the southeastern United States.
About Engineering Physics at the Daytona Beach
Housed in the Department of Physical Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Ph.D. in Engineering Physics program provides advanced education and research opportunities to exceptional students.
Students will work in campus laboratories such as the Atmospheric Physics Research Lab, Control Design Lab, 1-meter Ritchey-Chretien Reflecting Telescope, Space Physics Research Lab, and Laboratory for Exosphere and Near-Space Environment Studies (LENSES).
Research emphasizes the measurement, theory, and modeling of the near-space and space neutral and plasma environment; studies of the sun and stellar activity; orbital stability and dynamics; engineering spacecraft instrumentation and remote sensing measurements; and the design and implementation of electro-optical and radar systems.
- Analytical Techniques in Engineering Physics
- Theoretical Mechanics and Astrodynamics
- Electrodynamics of Space Environment
- Stochastic Systems in Engineering Physics
- Optimal Dynamical Systems
- Electro-Optical Engineering
- Nonlinear Dynamical Control Systems
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The minimum entry requirement to this program is a Bachelor’s degree in physics, engineering, or an appropriately related field. A minimum CGPA of 3.2/4.0 is required.
- General GRE (verbal plus quantitative) scores
- A statement (2 to 5 pages) outlining the background of the applicant and motivations and goals for graduate studies
- Official copies of transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- All applicants whose native language is not English, and who were educated at schools where English was not the language of instruction in all disciplines, must provide their official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
International20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 36 months.
National20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Daytona Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.