Digital Mechanics and Materials programme of MINES ParisTech offers PhD students:
- High quality teaching: 30 professors and associate-professors and over 20 engineers and technicians in 8 research teams.
- National, European and international projects: industrial partnerships, consortiums, projects funded by the National Research Agency and the European Commission.
- Complementary training, providing vital skills for future researchers: scientific engineering projects, scientific English, how to run teams and communicate, how companies work.
- Computer equipment and high-performance material.
- An information centre with access to the library resources of the six Ecole des Mines schools.
- An annual gross salary of about 26 000 euros (except CIFRE Salary).
- Attractive living and working conditions on the French Riviera in the Sophia Antipolis technopark.
Objectives of Computational Mechanics and Materials PhD Programme :
- Research in the fields of computational and mechanical modelling of materials, thermomechanical behavior and physical and physical chemistry analysis.
- Materials covered include metals; synthetic and natural polymers; food industry products; composites and nanocomposites; glass and ceramics; bio and biocompatible materials
Conférence des Grandes Écoles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Fields of research:
- Computational Mechanics
- Material Science
- Scientific computations : high performance and parallel computing, meshing and mesh adaptation, applied mathematics, partial differential equations,…
- Rheology (elastoplasticity, viscoplasticity, rheology of complex fluids,…)
- Parameter identification, determination of constitutive laws
- Modelling of forming processes (cold and hot metal forming, molten polymer flow - extrusion, injection... )
- Multiphysics couplings (heat transfer, fluid/structure, electromagnetism,…)
- Process optimisation
- Mechanical properties of metals and polymers.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Computer Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be a doctoral candidate, you must have either a national master's degree or another diploma conferring the master's degree, or an engineering degree, or equivalent Bac + 5.
- There must also be a match between the course completed by the candidate and the discipline of the proposed doctoral program.
- your CV *
- official and detailed transcript of grades for your last years of study
- 1 or 2 letters of recommendation (professor or internship supervisor)
- * mandatory document to validate the application, the other documents may be sent later.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.