Education students at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University will be able to work with an experienced supervisory research team to explore a wide range of topics including but not limited to educational management and administration, child development and education, technologies in education, teaching and learning innovation, and a variety of perspectives in pedagogy.
- The program has been accredited by both the British Ministry of Education and the Chinese Ministry of Education. The degree conferred is equivalent to that conferred by University of Liverpool.
- The program enrolls both full-time and part-time students.
- Every PhD student will by jointly supervised by a team of experts with at least one supervisor from Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University and one supervisor from University of Liverpool.
- Full-time PhD students can apply for a research visit to the University of Liverpool for up to three months sponsored by Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University.
- Full-time PhD students may apply for jobs like teaching assistant to enhance teaching skills and academic capacities.
- Applicants are admitted via application and there is no standard test as entrance examination.
- XJTLU boasts an internationalized campus and is featured with English-Medium Instructions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research Orientation Examples:
- Educational organization management, including educational organization innovation in the new era of artificial intelligence and Internet, future universities, etc.
- Education leadership, including leadership research at all stages of K12 schools, and education management at the age of VUCA.
- Education internationalization, including education internationalization policies and practices, student experience under international education, research on Sino-foreign cooperative education.
- Children development, including the characteristics and rules of children's cognitive, psychological and social development, research on development and behavior, research on cognitive, family, social, and cultural factors which affect children development.
- Teaching innovations for future education, including research-led teaching and syntergrative education.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 3 other PhDs in Education in China
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- UK first or 2:1 class Bachelor degree with Honours
- Or UK Pass with Merit Master degree (or its equivalent) in an appropriate field of study
- Master preferred
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12590 USD per year
National12590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12590 USD per year
FT: RMB 80,000 per year
PT: RMB 60,000 per year
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.