The aim of the PhD programme is to train students for academic and managerial positions in both public and private organizations. Particular emphasis is given to the management of innovation, sustainability and healthcare management, and to the linkages among these three topics. More precisely:
- the management of innovation processes and the competitiveness of firms and public institutions within regional, national and international systems;
- the management of sustainability in public institutions, private companies and wide territorial areas is specifically focused on resource efficiency management, corporate social responsibility, environmental policies and circular economy. The Sustainability Management research group combines the knowledge with the principles of sustainability, through scientific research and empirical investigations
- the management of healthcare, which deals with the development of governance models, managerial tools and performance assessments to support health professionals involved in the provision of care at all levels.
The Management - Innovation, Sustainability and Healthcare degree from Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies Pisa offers the opportunity to acquire competences which can be used not only for academic careers, but also for many other knowledge-based jobs. Former PhD graduates currently work in Italian and international Universities as well as in private and public organisations, especially those for which innovation, sustainability and healthcare are important assets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe programme deals the main topics in management with a strong interdisciplinary approach and offers courses about consolidated and innovative research methodologies in social sciences. In particular:
- Management of Innovation includes topics such as Open Innovation, technology transfer, cost accounting, finance for innovation, purpose driven organisations, tourism management, neuro-marketing, technological innovation in healthcare;
- Sustainability Management combines the knowledge of business management and policy making with the principles of sustainability, through scientific research and empirical investigations;
- Management of Healthcare covers a wide range of topics ranging from health policies, performance measurement, innovative models of healthcare delivery and organization, to the study of decision-making processes that guide the choices of both health professionals and users.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Health Administration Innovation Management View 5 other PhDs in Management Studies in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master Degree (M.Sc. or M.A.) or equivalent title
- Undergraduate students may also apply if they will graduate within 31st October
- Selection consists in the assessment of the qualifications submitted and an interview.
Qualifications consist of:
- CV and academic transcript of exams and career records,
- abstract of the M.Sc./M.A.Thesis
- a research project where the candidate is asked to briefly outline a research proposal for their PhD studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
All PhD positions are fully funded with scholarships.
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.