The International Ethnographic Practicum at University of Haifa offers one-semester and year-long practicums in ethnographic fieldwork catering to graduate students from a variety of disciplines who are seeking short-term fieldwork abroad. Work with a faculty supervisor and peers in the field to enrich your hands-on ethnographic work, all while sharpening your research design, data analysis and writing skills. The practicum will be conducted in English.
Why do ethnographic fieldwork in Israel?
- Explore diverse cultural, religious and political lived experience from the ground up
- Acquire or hone skills in qualitative ethnographic fieldwork
- Undertake a research project of your choice Hands on assistance with selection of and entry into field and research design
- Formulate research findings to enrich academic work at home university
- Create academic ties with faculty mentors and partner up with Israeli students
- University of Haifa student body offers a diverse cultural mosaic
- International School staff provides a supportive home away from home
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Weekly practicum workshop (4 credits) – methodology, ethics, data collection and ethnographic writing
- Independent study and mentorship (4 credits)
- Faculty lecture series and discussion (4 credits)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Sociology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Original documentation of undergraduate diploma and transcript from accredited institution of higher education,
transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA),
statement of interest (400 words),
two recommendation letters,
English proficiency (TOEFL scores or native speaker)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
National4000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
One semester - $4000, Two semesters - $8000 Israeli health insurance included
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.