Recently, ensuring the resilience of the financial system has become one and the primary goal of all countries, to avoid the huge losses caused by the instability of the financial system, which directly determines the efficiency of companies in the global economy. The Economics program is offered at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University .
The global financial system is undergoing radical change and rapid expansion every year, especially during and after the pandemic, with increasing cross-border capital flows and the emergence of new financial instruments in the markets.
A sound and resilient financial system are important in ensuring long-term and sustainable economic growth. From the point of view of economic policy, key issues are emerging focused on the aspects of risk management of financial institutions, companies, and other financial market participants in the financial markets, which are related to the formation of systemic risk and regulation of financial market participants' decisions. Research focusing on business efficiency, financing decisions, and risk management is important.
The selected candidate will work on the PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. dr. Diana Cibulskiene. The successful applicant will have to attend scientific conferences, meetings and internships in other universities.For more information
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The position may not be opened if no qualified candidate is found. Additional information regarding the post may be obtained from Prof. dr. Diana Cibulskiene, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits);
- Participation in research networks, including placements at other, primarily foreign, research institutions;
- Teaching or another form of knowledge dissemination, which is related to the PhD topic when possible;
- The completion of a PhD thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits)
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
- Required background: Master’s in economics or finance.
- Expected skills and knowledge: economics, finance, and investment
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
- part-time studies - 7,363 EUR
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The PhD studies can be financed by the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania, by the companies or enterprises financial resources or a PhD student‘s personal finances.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.