The doctoral candidate position is available in the faculty of the Architecture, Department of Urban Design. Applicants of the History and Theory of Arts program at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University interested in other research topics related to Theory and History of Ary in Humanities are also welcome to apply.
The focus of the History and Theory of Arts program at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University is on sustainable solutions in landscape architecture. It shall dive into the environmental, and social-economic aspects of sustainability in relation to artistic experiments in landscape architecture.
The research should stand on practical experience of landscape planning, design and management and focus on the urban context. The goal is to explore and identify recent and traditional, global and regional sustainable practices for identifying the new and advanced principles for environmental and social synergy of landscape and urbanism in an artistic context.
The selected candidate will work on the PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. dr. Gintaras Stauskis. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to attend scientific conferences, meetings and internships in the other universities and research institutions.For more information
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The position may not be opened if no qualified candidate is found. Additional information regarding the post may be obtained from Prof Dr Gintaras Stauskis, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits);
- Participation in research networks, including placements at other, primarily foreign, research institutions;
- Teaching or another form of knowledge dissemination, which is related to the PhD topic when possible;
- The completion of a PhD thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Courses for PhD students (approximately 30 ECTS credits)
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA11045 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11045 EUR per year during 48 months.
- part-time studies - 7,363 EUR
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The PhD studies can be financed by the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania, by the companies or enterprises financial resources or a PhD student‘s personal finances.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.