Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
Additional masters qualification
The distinct characteristic of Kingston University's Business PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is that you are able to gain a Business and Management MRes as part of your doctoral studies. The MRes is fully integrated within the PhD programme and is designed to provide a sound training in business research methods as well as a critical understanding of the conceptual and philosophical foundations of management research.
How we work with our partners in business
One of Kingston Business School's key strengths is its close collaboration with professional organisations. We aim to ensure that our programmes bridge the gap between academic theory and professional practice by working closely with the business world's principal professional bodies and harmonise our courses with the needs of today's business practitioners.
We enjoy recognition or accreditation from:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Market Research Society
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- The Law Society
Accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- Philosophy and Traditions of Management Research
- Research Design and Data Collection
- Foundations of Data Analysis and Reporting
- Advanced Qualitative Research
- Advanced Quantitative Research
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Philosophy & Ethics Management, Organisation & Leadership View 51 other PhDs in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Candidates should normally possess:
- a first- or second-class honours undergraduate degree AND a masters degree in general management or a business-related subject
- two personal references from academic referees confirming candidates' suitability for the programme
- a short research proposal of approximately 2,000 words which should include the proposed subject area, the aim of the study, a summary of the research to be undertaken, an indication of any previous work completed relevant to the area under investigation, and a bibliograph
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.