Students in the Physics program of Colorado School of Mines work on cutting-edge research in areas such as condensed matter physics, applied optics, quantum physics, renewable energy and subatomic physics and have opportunities to collaborate with national labs and industry partners on local and international scales. Graduates will gain the skills and connections to advance their knowledge in the field and take their career to a new height.
- Applications engineer
- Data analyst
- Design engineer
- Laser engineer
- Systems analyst
- Software developer
- Optical engineer
- Physics instructor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Optics and Biophysics: lasers, ultrafast optics, non-linear optics, laser-produced plasmas, micromachining, multiphoton microscopy, single-molecule microscopy, total internal reflection microscopy, biophysical mechanisms of collagen fibril degradation, novel imaging techniques.
- Subatomic: low energy nuclear structure and astrophysics, applied nuclear physics, high-energy cosmic-ray and neutrino physics, neutrinoless double beta decay,
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics: photovoltaics, thermoelectrics, plasmonics, materials discovery, thin-film semiconductors, amorphous materials, excitonic materials, optoelectronic materials, nanostructures and quantum dots.
- Quantum Physics: quantum chaos, strongly-correlated states, quantum computing, quantum information, quantum simulation, quantum many body theory, quantum error correction, disorder in quantum materials, applied superconductivity, low-temperature physics, spintronics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 62 other PhDs in Physics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply to Mines, you will need to send the Office of Admissions your transcripts from all universities you have previously attended.
- The GRE is required for some programs.
- Most graduate programs require Letters of Recommendation as part of the admissions application requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39618 USD per year
National39618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39618 USD per year
In-State17676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17676 USD per year
Living costs for Golden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.