Students have access to resources for physiological research, including a vivarium, tissue culture facility, confocal microscope/visualization facility, laser capture microscope, genomics and proteomics facilities.
Graduates of this Biological Sciences - Integrative Physiology and Neurobiology degree from Kent State University will be able to:
- Understand advanced biological concepts beyond the scope of the typical undergraduate degree and to increase the depth of their knowledge through coursework and hands-on experiences
- Apply scientific principles and appreciate work outside of their particular field
- Effectively communicate about science with colleagues as well as those outside of the student's area of expertise
- Develop the necessary laboratory skills that will allow testing of hypotheses
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Statistics
- Responsible Conduct in Research and Teaching-biological Sciences
- Seminar in Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience Physiology View 196 other PhDs in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in the natural sciences
- Strong background in biology and related subjects such as chemistry and mathematics1
- Minimum 2.750 GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s) - copies of official transcripts can be submitted for initial review of application
- GRE scores (effective for spring 2023 admissions, the GRE will no longer be required)
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement that clearly explains why the applicant wishes to pursue an advanced degree and describes research experience and interest; statement must include a list of potential faculty mentors
- Three letters of recommendation that comment on chance of success in an advanced degree program, with minimum least from someone who can comment on research aptitude
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.