The curriculum and other aspects of training offered by the Department of Psychological Science s prepare students for careers in research and teaching. The program is strongly research-oriented.
The Psychological Science major includes the following optional concentration:
- The Quantitative Methods of Psychology optional concentration trains individuals in some of the more recent developments of statistical science and, particularly, the application of these developments to real-world psychological data. One unique feature of the concentration is the focus on the application of quantitative methods in psychological research; although department faculty members have expertise in an area of statistics, they also conduct research in a substantive area of psychology. The concentration is intended for those students who intend to pursue academic careers, wherein the use of advanced quantitative methods in one’s own program of research is highly valued, and who also intend to teach undergraduate or graduate courses in statistical methods.
Graduates of this Psychological Science from Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the current theories and significant empirical findings in a major area of psychological science. Mastery includes acquiring both an understanding of these materials as well as the ability to think critically about them.
- Teach courses in psychological science.
- Supervise and mentor undergraduate students in both research settings and in the classroom.
- Design, execute, analyze and report empirical studies that make a significant contribution in a major area of psychological science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Statistical Analysis
- College Teaching of Psychology
- Research Methods in Psychological Science
- Psychometric Theory and Measurement
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Hierarchical Linear Modeling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 41 other PhDs in Counselling Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Minimum junior-senior 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- 18 credit hours in psychology, including a course in statistics
- Broad background in psychology
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.