Learn and practice synthesizing research and information while applying it to healthcare systems and technology to improve quality, safety and outcomes. With Franklin’s DNP-Leadership track, you’ll expand your executive capabilities in an area of your choosing: healthcare administration, health informatics or public administration. What’s more, you’ll be able to complete your online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree in as little as 2 years, while juggling other responsibilities. Join Franklin University’s Nursing - Leadership program.
Apply what you learn while you learn with practicum hours and a scholarly project woven into the program
At Franklin, you can continue working while you advance your career, thanks to convenient online courses designed to challenge and advance your leadership, analytic and clinical skills. Even better, you’ll progress quickly because our online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree features course-based, experiential learning that lets you practice what you learn while you learn it.
In the DNP Leadership-Track, you’ll demonstrate your competency to accumulate a total of 1,000 practicum and clinical hours, starting with your major area courses, continuing through your DNP seminar courses and clinical hours. You may be able to achieve 500 hours from transfer credit or residency. Eligible students may be able to transfer up to 12 credit hours in coursework in addition to these 500 clinical hours. Plus, BSN to DNP students who complete the required MSN-related bridge courses can earn up to 125 practicum hours for those courses.
Advance your capabilities and improve your clinical contributions with a scholarly approach to the nursing discipline
Prepare yourself for an advanced role as a leader, advisor, influencer, clinician, or educator by earning a clinical doctorate and completing a DNP scholarly project using evidence-based practice that leads to a problem-solving intervention. Franklin’s DNP program is rooted in evidence- and systems-based quality improvement and clinical practice, application and translation. You’ll study in several distinct areas, including major area courses, DNP seminar courses, and focus area courses that you choose based on your interests. Built-in learning outcomes mean you are evaluated and measured as you progress through your program of study.
- Clinical Prevention and Health Care Outcomes
- Leadership, Policy & Interprofessional Collaboration
- Finance and Managerial Accounting in Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Healthcare Laws and Ethics
- Healthcare Financial Management
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for the DNP program must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree (for admission through our BSN to DNP option) or a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. The degree final cumulative GPA must be at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who earned lower than a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale can petition for admission to the program chair by submitting an essay detailing other criteria that the applicant believes should be considered to demonstrate their ability to be successful in a graduate program of study. This petition could include details on the applicant’s work experience, work ethic, level of professionalism, personality characteristics, level of difficulty of program of study previously completed, etc.
International17081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 899 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 748 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State14212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 748 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.