The Chemical Engineering at KU Leuven champions a combination of a profound 'chemical engineering' background, complemented with unique facets of internationally significant topics.
Therefore, you can become acquainted with product-oriented thinking as an addition to the more traditional process-oriented education. At the same time, modern aspects of Chemical Engineering, like process intensification, biotechnology and sustainable processes, gain a prominent position in the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureResearch Units
- Chemical Reactor Engineering and Safety (CREaS)
- Process Engineering for Sustainable Systems (ProcESS)
- Soft Matter, Rheology and Technology (SMaRT)
- Technology Cluster Sustainable Chemical Process Technology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The easiest way to start a PhD application is to find a vacant PhD position in Science, Engineering & Technology and apply online.
- In principle, the PhD positions on the KU Leuven jobsite already have financing available (via the corresponding supervisor). Please read through the details of the position very carefully and make sure you meet all eligibility criteria!
- Each position has a link at the bottom to apply online. You will be asked to fill in an online application ("esollicitatie"). All complete applications will be automatically submitted to the corresponding supervisor of the project for assessment. Possibly the corresponding supervisor will contact you to request additional information..
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.