Established in 2011, the South West Doctoral Training Partnership, has recently been re-launched (it was formerly known as the SWDTC). The partnership now comprises the Universities of Bristol, Bath, Exeter, Plymouth and UWE. As recognised research leaders, all institutions are committed to providing excellent training, development and teaching for the postgraduate community across disciplinary and interdisciplinary research fields.
The SWDTP is a strategic partnership accredited by the Economic and Social Sciences Research Council. As well as developing tailored training programmes for our students and staff, the partnership also supports a wide variety of collaborative activities, including events and student placements in public, private and civic society organisations.
The SWDTP is a strategic partnership accredited by the Economic and Social Sciences Research Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The SWDTP is representative of the institutions' commitment to collaborative working models, and the centre will be developing its own collaborative working practice with external partners as a core part of our strategy.
- Collaboration from the research perspective can mean working with a wide variety of organisations and individuals from the private, public and civic sectors. Forms of collaboration may vary from an entirely co-organised and co-produced project to a workshop, the design of a specific data-gathering exercise, participation in a policy review, a conference or an internship.
- Through collaboration, we are committed to building opportunities for knowledge transfer and sharing of best practice, as well as developing critical mass in key research areas.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Natural Sciences View 82 other PhDs in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bristol and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for a +3 award should have completed, or be due to complete, an ESRC-accredited or an equivalent research master's with a significant element of research training.
- The research training should include significant social sciences research design, and quantitative and qualitative research methods elements. The transcript will need to show that a minimum of a third of the taught stage of your programme entailed research methods elements.
- Applicants should have achieved an average grade of their master's (at the point of application) of at least merit (60 per cent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.