The program in Mechanical Engineering is offered at KU Leuven.
The large expertise in research and education of the Department Mechanical Engineering can be consulted by external partners. In addition, specialised instruments can be rented for short periods of time.
The contact persons of these services can be found on the web pages of the related research activities.
Programme StructureResearch Mechanical Engineering:
- Logistics, Mobility & Traffic
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Machine and Vehicle Design & Mechatronics
- Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics
- Energy Systems & Thermal Fluid Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Together with the future corresponding supervisor (see art.11) the candidate requests permission from the doctoral committee of the faculty to which the corresponding supervisor is affiliated to enrol as a PhD researcher. The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Either (1) the candidate must hold a Flemish Master’s degree relevant to the doctoral research or an equivalent higher education degree, and also have obtained at least a distinction or have distinguished him/herself with high-quality scientific publications or design-oriented achievements,
- Or (2) the candidate must have passed the predoctoral exam with the degree of distinction (see art. 7).
The candidate must also have sufficiently mastered the language of the discipline in order to be able to participate actively in the research.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.