The Molecular Biology and Genetics program from Bilkent University is equipped with modern facilities for gene expression analysis, cell biology, protein chemistry, recombinant DNA technology and animal experiments. The education is research oriented.
Preparing and defending a dissertation based on original research is the essence of the program. A paper based on the candidate's thesis must be accepted or published in a reputable journal before the dissertation can be defended.
The expected duration to complete the Ph.D. program is eight semesters for students who enter the program after an M.S. degree, and ten semesters for those who enter after a B.S. degree. The maximum durations are twelve and fourteen semesters, respectively.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Human Genetics
- Molecular and Cellular Immunology
- Molecular Bases of Cancer
- Ph.D. Dissertation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 credit units of course work beyond the M.S. level or 42 credits of course work beyond the B.S. level is required.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 4 other PhDs in Microbiology in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores. GMAT scores are required for graduate programs in Business Administration.)
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 48 months.
National6258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6258 USD per year during 48 months.
- 14,500 USD for international students and 45.000 TL for Turkish students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.