The doctoral programme produces Doctors of Science in Technology (D.Sc. (Tech), Doctors of Science in Business Administration (D.Sc. (Econ) and Doctors of Science Philosophy (PhD). The goal of the Technical Sciences doctoral programme at the University of Vaasa is to train high calibre experts capable of independent research work to serve industries, the economic life, the world of academia and other organisations.
The doctoral programme conducts basic research and work-oriented applied research. Applying known methods and tools while developing new solutions for problems related to the field of technology and the economy are key elements of the programmes. The programme is multidisciplinary, covering every part of technology development from new technical innovations and solutions to product development.
The programme also offers technological scientific knowledge, methodical and computational foundations for solving problems in the field of technological science and the mathematical and statistical models of economic phenomena.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General scientific studies 5-30 ECTS
- Studies in the Research Field 30-35 ECTS
- Doctoral Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Eligible for studies leading to an academic doctorate degree shall be a person who has completed
- an applicable higher university degree;
- an applicable higher polytechnic degree; or
- an applicable education completed abroad which in the awarding country gives eligibility for corresponding higher education.
The following documents must be enclosed in the application for doctoral studies:
- Officially certified copies of Degree certificates
- Transcript of Records of the previous degrees and explanation of the grading scale
- Photocopy of passport's information page
- Proof of language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Europass CV form
- Preliminary research plan. The research topic of the doctoral thesis is presented in the research plan.
- Preliminary study plan of the doctoral studies.
- Motivation letter for doctoral studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
There are no tuition fees or other mandatory fees for doctoral students.
Living costs for Vaasa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.