The Operational Research programme from University of Kent welcomes student research projects on a variety of topics including:
- Location analysis
- Routing problems
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Environmental management
- Operations management
- Multivariate analysis
- Big data
- Insurance/warranty data analysis and management
- Research metrics
- Soft OR
- Data envelopment analysis and performance measurement
Each research student is supported by a supervisory team (usually two members of academic staff) who give guidance about the nature of the research, the standard of work required, and about the relevant literature and sources that should be consulted.
Students meet with supervisors each month to agree upon a schedule of work and bring written work for comment and discussion. The co-supervisor provides additional input and ensures continuity, and formal progression reviews are held at key points in your programme.
The KBS PhD programme is designed to provide a thorough training for research careers in academia or industry. Our students generally take up academic appointments in UK or international higher education institutions or work in policy or industry settings.
Research activities at Kent Business School are broadly organised into six areas;
- Management Science
- People, Management and Organisation
- Strategy and International Business
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 49 other PhDs in Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold a 2.1 at undergraduate level and a Merit at Master’s level in a relevant discipline, from a UK or other approved university and/or equivalent. You must submit a research proposal of approximately 1,500 words on your intended topic.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £16800
- Home part-time £2250
- EU part-time £8400
- International part-time £8400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.