Areas of study
- Algorithms and data structures – particular focus on I/O-efficient algorithms and algorithm engineering for massive data sets.
- Bioinformatics – development and application of models and methods for analyzing biological and biomedical data, covering topics such as algorithmic development, algorithm engineering, software development, and statistical modeling focusing on evolutionary genome analysis, structural bioinformatics and medical bioinformatics.
- Computer mediated activity – development of new interaction techniques, methods and theories for computer-mediated activities of work and everyday life.
- Cryptography and security – in particular, public-key cryptography, cryptographic protocols, and quantum cryptography.
- Data-intensive systems – topics related to spatio-temporal data management, query processing and indexing, high-dimensional and multimedia data, and infrastructure for mobile services and cloud computing.
- Logic and Semantics - semantics of programming languages and type theories, models and logics for reasoning about programs.
- Mathematical computer science – computational complexity theory, algorithmic and computational game theory, mathematical programming, combinatorial optimization, computational algebra, real algebraic geometry, and multi-agent systems.
- Programming languages – object-oriented and functional programming, web technologies, and specification, verification, testing and analysis of software.
- Ubiquitous computing and interaction – creating concepts for future interactive spaces at schools, libraries, museums, homes, and workplaces.
- Use, design and innovation – including participatory design in innovation processes.
Employment after graduation
- After graduation a majority of our students are employed in the IT industry in the Aarhus area, which includes companies such as Google, Uber, Systematic, and Trifork, however many choose to seek opportunities internationally, and some obtain academic positions either in Denmark or abroad.
Research by topics
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Computer Mediated Activity
- Cryptography and Security
- Data-Intensive Systems
- Logic and Semantics
- Mathematical Computer Science
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Bioinformatics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background
- Financing - indicate sources and amounts of possible financial support, if any. Also, please see the "Financing and prospective supervisors" section above.
- Plan of study
- Project description for open calls (½-4 pages) - describe your ideas and research plans for your project.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.