The PhD-education at Aarhus University is always based on research where suitable supervisors work with topics within the following research areas:
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Stellar astrophysics and Cosmology
- Surface science
- Nano science
- Statistical physics
- Nuclear physics
- CERN related physics
- Condensed matter and materials science
- Accelerator mass spectrometry
- Science Studies
- Science Education
Examples of employment after graduation:
High schools, Industry, Research Institutions, Universities
Programme StructureResearch facilities:
- A number of accelerators
- Synchrotron radiation facility
- Optical and laser laboratories
- Storage ring Facility for materials characterization
- Facilities for thin film synthesis
- Clean room Wind tunnel to simulate conditions on Mars
- SONG network of telescopes at Tenerife
- Access to facilities at CERN through our membership
- Access to Nordic Optical Telescope through membership
- Access to European Southern Observatory through membership
- Access to Kepler Satellite through agreement with NASA
- Access to satellites through European Space Agency Computers of various capacities
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
There are several intakes throughout the year. GSNS must receive your application for a PhD position at least three months (for EU citizens) or four months (for international citizens) prior to the preferred start date.
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background
- Financing - indicate sources and amounts of possible financial support, if any. Also, please see the "Financing and prospective supervisors" section above.
- Plan of study
- Project description for open calls (½-4 pages) - describe your ideas and research plans for your project.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.