Funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and co-financed by the DAAD, the Research Training Group WIPCAD program from University of Potsdam, offers outstanding interdisciplinary training and research opportunities to graduates of political and administrative sciences, sociology and public management.
WIPCAD combines an innovative research focus with excellence in policy and administrative analysis, strengthening the Department’s role as a leading German center for the training of administrative scientists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity of current policy problems - such as climate hazards or welfare state reforms - fundamentally challenge how public administrations organize.
- The empirical puzzle of how public administrations have responded to current and pressing policy problems is at the heart of the RTG's research.
- The program is based on systematic interdisciplinary cooperation between political and administrative sciences, sociology and public management.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must apply for admission as a doctoral candidate prior to beginning your dissertation. The application must be filed with the Doctoral Examining Board for the subject in which you are pursuing your doctorate. If you are pursuing a doctorate in the Law Faculty, you must file the application with its dean.
- Since the Examining Board or the Office of the Dean requires time to review your materials, you should expect a processing time of several weeks (possibly longer during the semester breaks).
Living costs for Potsdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.