Training of the Dynamic Molecular Cell Biology (Wellcome Trust) programme offered by the University of Bristol covers the spectrum from the purest studies of fundamental cell biology through to direct and translational applications to human disease.
We are looking for talented and motivated students who are willing to take up the many varied challenges in cell biology and are open to learning about new disciplines and working across different fields.
The vast majority of graduates go on to perform post-doctoral research in world-leading laboratories in the UK, Europe and the US. Some students have taken graduate-level entry to study medicine or entered teacher training programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of research included:
- Multiprotein complexes in gene maintenance and expression
- Dynamic organisation, regulation and re-modelling of the cytoskeleton
- Molecular complexes involved in protein translocation and trafficking
- Cell organisation, morphogenesis and tissue function
- Cancer, neuroscience, infection and immunity, cardiovascular biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 19 other PhDs in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or upper second-class honours degree or master's degree in a biomedical or life science discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23900 GBP per year during 48 months.
National4475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time£9,475
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.