In this Accounting program at University of Kent students meet with supervisors each month to agree upon a schedule of work, and bring written work for comment and discussion.
The co-supervisor provides additional input and ensures continued support. You have formal progression reviews at key points in your programme.
All KBS PhD students receive:
- access to office space with a laptop for the duration of their studies
- funds for conference attendance and research expenses
- research methods training
- full access to the Graduate School facilities.
All first years Accounting student at University of Kent take a mandatory research training programme which covers:
- relevant research methods
- theory of management and specialist management topics related to your research
- skills-based courses in areas such as statistics, computing, electronic literature searching and languages.
The KBS PhD programme is designed to provide a thorough training for research careers in academia or industry. Our students generally take up academic appointments in UK or international higher education institutions or work in policy or industry settings.
KBS is a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS); and the Kent MBA is an Association of MBAs (AMBA) accredited programme.
In addition, KBS has accredited programmes with the following professional bodies:
- CFA Institute
- Problems with privatisation
- The National Health Service (NHS)
- New Public Management (NPM)
- The social and political importance of accounting
- Public sector audit and accountability.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Accounting View 27 other PhDs in Accounting in United Kingdom
Applicants should hold a 2.1 at undergraduate level and a Merit at Master’s level in a relevant discipline, from a UK or other approved university and/or equivalent. You must submit a research proposal of approximately 1,500 words on your intended topic.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £16800
- Home part-time £2250
- EU part-time £8400
- International part-time £8400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.