Would you like to graduate from a renowned research school, located in one of the most beautiful old university towns in Europe?
The International Max Planck Research School for Environmental, Cellular, and Molecular Microbiology in Marburg (IMPRS-Mic) in Germany offers fellowships for a three-year structured PhD program.
The IMPRS for Environmental, Cellular and Molecular Microbiology (IMPRS-MIC) at Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology and the Philipps-Universität Marburg. The school aims to provide excellent students with outstanding and interdisciplinary scientific training in modern microbiology.
Research areas covered include:
- Biochemistry and Structural Biology
- Microbial Ecology and Interactions
- Molecular and Cellular Microbiology
- Microbial Genomics
- Systems and Synthetic Microbiology
Students broaden their individual PhD projects by joint seminars, lectures, Experimental & soft skill workshops, international research conferences, and retreats. The program is taught in English. An important goal of these activities is to promote interactions between researchers from different fields of microbiology knowing that the new is often discovered by interdisciplinary approaches.
We invite highly qualified and motivated students with a Master’s or Diploma degree in Natural or Life Sciences to apply. The application deadline is January 31, 2018. Accepted candidates may start their PhD projects already in the summer of 2018, but no later than October 2018.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the three-year PhD program the students carry out their scientific research work in the laboratory of one of the participating faculty members.
- In addition, the students attend faculty seminars, technical workshops, colloquia, and local and international conferences covering environmental, cellular and molecular aspects of microbiology.
- Students also tutor in Masters or Bachelors level courses.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We accept only online applications at: https://imprs-marburg-appl.mpg.de/
- Required certificates are:
- The school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education
- All university certificates and transcripts (for all academic degrees)
- Copy of the original diploma / certificate of graduation
- Two letters of recommendation - the use of our reference request form is obligatory
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
There is no tuition fee for the IMPRS Marburg. The only fee required is the bi-annual semester fee at the Philipps-Universität.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.