It includes a broad training in behavioural and social science research methodologies, including the fundamentals of qualitative research and advanced level quantitative research. The Psychology (IMS) programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
Supervision can be offered in any of the areas of departmental activity, as reflected in the research areas of our staff.
You will attend and contribute to research seminars and, through the Institute of Management Studies, the Centre for Creative and Social Technologies, Department of Psychology, the Institute for Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship and Goldsmiths-wide courses. You will also be encouraged to develop practical skills such as public speaking, poster preparation, scientific writing, and strategies for interacting with the media.
You will meet regularly with your supervisor at every stage, and develop a structured approach to designing, executing, analysing and writing up your research.
During your first year, you may take a range of taught modules including research design and analysis, advanced statistics, theoretical issues, project management, global leadership, organisational behaviour and health, workplace coaching and counselling, and training and development.
Programme StructureAs an MPhil/PhD student, you will receive training in and develop wide-ranging research skills, including:
- database searching and bibliographic skills
- managing and analysing data
- communication skills
- quantitative and qualitative research methods
- handling legal and ethical issues in research
- research design and project management
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 84 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International14760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14760 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.