Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Naval Architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering programme at the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge and intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research and chosen career
- the standards, requirements and conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others and communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
PhD & MPhil
You can study either option in any of our four research areas:
- Sustainable shipping
- Oil & gas
- Marine renewables
You also have the option of studying in any area in which our staff have expertise.
Our MRes degree is specific to:
Our EngD degree is specific to:
- Offshore Renewable Energy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 24 other PhDs in Architecture in United Kingdom
First or upper second class BEng Honours degree, or equivalent, or an MSc in a related subject.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4,407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.