Technologies for Nanosystems, Bioengineering and Energy from Rovira i Virgili University focuses on designing architectures for managing electrical energy generated by renewable sources, managing and efficiently distributing electrical energy in cars, and controlling and analysing the non-linear dynamics of commutated converters.
In the field of nanosystems, the Nanoelectronics and Photonic Systems research group provides training for researchers in the manufacture of photonic devices based on porous micro- and nanostructures and organic materials. It also deals with the design and modelling of nanoelectronic and photonic devices, high-frequency electronic systems, and organic solar cells.
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme are prepared to work as researchers in research centres, universities and R&D departments of technology-based companies, carrying out educational work and basic research work and acting as leaders of research teams, projects and departments.
- Graduate student meetings
- Work experience
- Doctoral symposia
- Specific training courses/seminars related to thesis topics
- Participation in RDI projects
Eduard Llobet Valero, Xavier Vilanova Salas, José Luís Ramírez Falo, Radu Ionescu, Xavier Correig Blanchart, Nicolau Cañellas Alberich, Jesús Brezmes Llecha, Antonio Lázaro Guillén, David Girbau Sala, Ramon Villarino Villarino, Lluis Marsal Garví, Josep Pallarès Marzal, Josep Ferré Borrull, Roger Cabré Rodon, Benjamí Iñiguez Nicolau, François Lime, Alberto Coronas Salcedo,
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Previous technical or scientific studies in the fields of engineering, architecture, physics, chemistry/biochemistry, informatics, mathematics or similar.
- Knowledge of one or more of the programme's official languages.
- Motivation of the student.
- Mobility during the studies qualifying the students for entrance.
- Professional experience.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.