Our courses at the Bangor University are taught by world-leading experts and award-winning lecturers who are involved in a variety of biology-related research, making use of the top-class facilities at Bangor University.
Why Study Biology?
- You will be taught by staff from the School of Natural Sciences who are experts in their field. Our students enjoy being here and we pride ourselves on the quality of teaching and pastoral care we offer. We have a long tradition in teaching and research in the Biological Sciences. Research submitted by our staff has been recognised as being within the top 20 in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- We have excellent facilities on campus for the study of both flora and fauna, which include our very own natural history museum, botanical garden, freshwater and marine aquaria, venomous snake collection, Europe’s largest underground soil laboratory, aviaries, an ocean-going research vessel, and an active research farm – all of which are constantly used for teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research AreasAnimal Physiology and Behaviour with specialisations in:
- Crustacean neuroendocrinology, growth, reproduction
- Environmental physiology of aquatic organisms
- Fish Behaviour
- Integrative behavioural physiology/energetics
- Marine mammals/conservation genetics
- Cancer Research
- Cell Biology
- DNA damage checkpoints
- DNA repair Endothelial development
- Entomology Eukaryote chromosome dynamics/repair
- Eukaryotic cell control cycle
- Forensic acarology
- Human neural differentiation and cancer
- Intracellular host-symbiont interactions
- Mechanisms of mammalian signal transduction
- Metabolic regulation
- Metal-microbe interaction
- Microbiology of extreme environments
- Molecular medical/vetinary entomology
- Molecular parasitology
- Neurodegenerative genetics
- Reproductive parasites and pathogens of invertebrates
- Vector biology.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 80 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Essential Documents (you must submit these along with your application):
- Bachelor degree certificate and transcript(s)
- Academic reference / support letter
- Research Proposal (required if you are NOT applying for a Studentship)
- Detailed CV (highlighting your Relevant work experience, Research project experience, Publications, and Academic achievements)
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Up to £12,000
- Bangladesh; Cameroon; Colombia; Egypt; Ghana; Nigeria; Pakistan; Thailand; Turkey; Vietnam
- Full fee waiver & monthly stipend
Bangor International Scholarships
- Up to £4,000
- All countries
Alumni/Existing Students/Family Discount
- £1,000 in addition to the Bangor International Scholarship
- All countries
China Scholarship Council
- Full tuition fee waiver
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.