Agricultural Systems with specialisations in:
- Sustainable Development
- Agricultural Ecology
- Trade-offs between output of land and the needs of local people
- Relationship between systems of food production and ecology of plants and animals
- Farm, forest and environmental valuation
- Accounting and Appraisal
- Physiology and agronomy of temperate and tropical cereals, root crops and oilseeds
- Peri-urban farming systems.
Research project opportunities
- Antibiotic resistance in the environment
- Biophysical benefits of shelter on livestock productivity
- Biosecurity of different management techniques for bio-wastes
- Carbon Cycling
- Combining client-orientated and molecular breeding methods for biotic/abiotic
- Stress resistance in crops
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesAgriculture View 6 other PhDs in Agriculture in United Kingdom
A first degree or MSc in a relevant subject is required.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.