Monash University is committed to providing graduate research education of the highest quality in a stimulating, supportive and professional environment. By undertaking a PhD in Science , you will become a member of a dynamic community of scholars committed to innovation and discovery and contribute to the advancement of knowledge within your area of expertise. Monash Science PhD graduates are highly employable, with many pursuing careers in academia and industry around the world.
The PhD in Science at Monash University
You will also undertake a series of professional development activities or coursework units that equip you with the skills needed to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Principal areas of research
- Biological sciences
- Earth sciences
- Atmospheric sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Mathematical sciences
- Astronomical sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Earth Sciences Biology View 5 other PhDs in Chemistry in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in your country of interest, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS Course Code: 003925G
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48600 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestics: This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.