This Art, Design and Architecture program at Monash University is enhanced by professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
You will develop a studio research project, with individual supervision, resulting in a body of work examined by exhibition. The material includes a written exegesis (critical explanation of the body of work) of about 30,000 words and a documented record of your visual or creative work. The final examination is usually an exhibition of visual work accompanied by the written exegesis. The works in the exhibition will not only be new but will also result in a doctoral-level contribution that has substantial cultural or material significance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research methods
- Theory workshop
- Documentation studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Visual Arts View 6 other PhDs in Visual Arts in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 037830A
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
- Sound English language skills are required for academic programs at Monash University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34100 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Under the RTP, domestic students are awarded an RTP Fees Offset which exempts them from tuition fees for the normal duration of the course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.