Monash Engineering operates at the forefront of engineering research. All specialised fields of research are at world standard or above and the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia assessment has rated our research results well above world standard. With access to world-class laboratories, workshops and facilities and with highly specialised equipment and software, a PhD in Engineering at Monash University offers you a stimulating, supportive and professional environment in which to explore engineering challenges and develop solutions for the future...
A minimum two academic supervisors will support you throughout your study. As part of the program you will also complete a series of professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical and computer systems engineering
- Materials engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Biological engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 4 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code: 041044D
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic: This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.