On successful completion of the Doctor of Business Administration program at the University of Southern Queensland students will be able to:
- apply relevant theoretical knowledge to contemporary business problems
- critique contemporary organisational practice in the light of relevant theory
- determine, apply and evaluate the effectiveness and rigour of research methods to business problems
- critically evaluate business research studies in order to assess their quality and applicability in improving the effective handling of business management problems
- demonstrate superior oral and written communications skills relevant to business
- analyse research data and reflect critically on the analysis.
With your doctorate you can pursue a career as an academic, consultant or manager in a diverse range of industries worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Doctor of Business Administration is a 24-unit program comprising 4 coursework courses from the Master of Business Administration (MBA) specialisation courses, 2 units of research coursework and 18 units of research. Students are required to undertake:
4 coursework courses from the MBA specialisation courses. If a supervisor evaluates that the applicant should build more specific prior knowledge in a particular specialist area that is vital to the research topic, then the applicant can be required to complete up to four relevant specialisation courses from the MBA
Research and Research Methods which must be completed successfully before progressing to the research thesis
plus an externally examined research thesis normally comprised of 18 units.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 9 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 077414G
To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- An Australian university coursework Masters degree or equivalent
- 5 years full-time equivalent work experience, including at least 2 years full-time equivalent work experience in a managerial position
- Submission of a satisfactory preliminary research proposal, as determined by the Higher Degrees Review and Admissions Committee.
International30240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30240 AUD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National23920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23920 AUD per year and a duration of 36 months.
- External/Online AUD 30240
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.