Doctoral dissertation topics in civil engineering research are relevant in Lithuania and abroad, they are linked with research activities of Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture and Institute of Architecture and Construction.
The Civil Engineering doctoral programme at Kaunas University of Technology corresponds to the main fields of researches: increase of the energy efficiency of buildings, designing and researches of building’s constructions, development and research of new building materials, construction technology and management.
All necessary equipment and facilities for research are present in the departments. Most PhD students are accepted for part-time work in the departments or institutes during the period of their doctoral studies. During the study period, PhD students gain practical experience of research, processing and future application of their results.
PhD students have an opportunity to communicate with representatives of the manufactures; consequently, they get comprehensive practical information about materials and products.
Most of PhD students of the civil engineering science carry out a part of their studies and research in foreign scientific and educational institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigation of textile waste utilization for eco-friendly interior decoration panels
- Optimization of area of transparent partitions of Energy-efficient residential buildings
- The influence of changes in the structure of hardened cement paste on the aggregate transparency on the visible surface of precast concrete
- The demolition wastes in the alkali activated systems
- A Model for City-Scale Building Energy Performance Monitoring and Prediction
- Design and research of 3D printing processes and energy efficient materials
- Investigation of performance and durability of sealing tapes for building airtightness accomplishment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official legalised Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas or a higher education degree equivalents and academic transcripts.
- Copy of passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- References by two academic referees or researchers of the science field
- List of scientific publications (also accepted publications)
- Copies of scientific publications
- Research proposal
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.