The Health Science program of Drexel University is open to health professionals seeking leadership roles in education and/or clinical practice including, but not limited to:
- Health Administrators
- Physician Assistants
- Physical or Occupational Therapists
- Couple and Family Therapists
- Creative Arts Therapists
- Behavioral or Mental Health Specialists
- Complementary and Integrative Health Practitioners
- Other Healthcare Professionals
The Doctor of Health Science provides a foundation for research, focused study in a student’s specialized area of clinical practice, and competency in healthcare education.
What can you do with a Doctorate degree in Health Science?
A Doctor of Health Science degree will help you learn the skills required to work as educators, administrators, members of research teams, and advocates for best practice in healthcare.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) defines these roles as postsecondary teaching, which means instructing students beyond the high school level. Most of these roles are in community colleges or public and private colleges and university settings.
- Informatics in the Health Professions
- Academia for Health Professionals
- Health Professional Education
- Leadership & Professional Issues
- Biostatistical Applications
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 33 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
- Master’s or clinical doctoral professional degree in a health profession
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Current, active US or Canadian license or credential to practice in your discipline
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two letters of recommendation from advisors, supervisors, professors, or mentors
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Copy of current professional license (if applicable)
International14955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 997 USD per credit during 36 months.
National14955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 997 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.