The mission of the Nursing Practice program of Drexel University is to prepare individuals to assume leadership roles as executives or practitioners and to apply evidence-based practice to improve individual, family, and community health outcomes.
Nurses who graduate from Nursing Practice (Online) program of Drexel University are well-equipped to fully implement the science developed by nurse researchers in PhD, DNSc, and other research-focused nursing doctorates.
Upon graduation, you will be able to:
- Evaluate patient care delivery approaches to meet the current and anticipated needs of patient populations based on outcomes and scientific findings
- Translate research into clinical practice and policy to improve care and outcomes
- Use advanced communication skills - to lead quality improvement and patient safety
- Use principles of business, finance, economics, and health policy to develop and implement plans to improve the quality of healthcare delivery
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity in patients and providers
- Evaluate effective strategies for the management of ethical dilemmas that can occur in the course of healthcare delivery
- Health Policy and Economics
- Applied Epidemiology
- Scientific Foundation of Nursing Knowledge Development
- Quantitative Methods in Clinical Nursing
- Health Information Technology and Information Systems
- Leadership in Organizations and Systems
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 7 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Drexel University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Master's Degree in one of the following:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Master’s Degree in Health-Related Field
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- If your Master's degree is not in Nursing, a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is also required
- A graduate-level Research Methods course (grade B or higher)
- Current United States licensure as a registered nurse
International47295 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1051 USD per credit
National47295 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1051 USD per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.