About the Program
The Animal Husbandry Science program of Szent István University plays a significant role in the national economy, especially in the food products of animal origin, and the establishment of conditions for competitive export production.
The utilization, recognition of up-to-date molecular biological-biotechnological methods, and their use in the work of students, is one of the principal objectives of the School.
Besides research topics dealing with the principles of animal husbandry, another important field of the current animal husbandry research is the production of livestock species and game biology and management.
The satisfaction of strict animal protection requirements, the reasonable utilization of renewable natural resources, and the development of conditions for sustainable development are all needed four our country as member state of the European Union.
The EU and national R+D programs offer a wide base for the development of applicable R+D topics.
The main topics are:
- Biology of reproduction and development
- Animal biotechnology, molecular genetics in animal husbandry
- Animal nutrition, feed toxicology
- Animal physiology
- Improvement and production of farm ruminants
- Improvement and production of hog stocks
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Agriculture Animal Sciences View 5 other PhDs in Animal Sciences in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research program: it is a specimen sheet which you have to fill out and your research program must be carried out accordingly (max. 4-5 pages)
- All candidates must provide two letters of academic references
- An official copy of the transcripts from all higher-education institutions previously attended by the candidate must be submitted, either attached to the application or by mail directly from the originating institution
- Any foreign or Hungarian PhD student is expected to have proficient written and spoken language skills, preferably in English (B2 level of English is required)
- International candidates may be requested a formal interview
- Attach a brief Curriculum Vitae
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.