Direct impact on organizations
The Doctorate in Business Administration focuses on researching practical business and managerial issues through knowledge building, critique, and the systematic application of relevant theories and research to management practice. It is designed for those who want to make direct impact on their organizations, industry and communities through improved management practice. It is a research-based qualification with the same level of rigor and scholarship expected of any doctoral program.
Collaborative, 24 hour online learning
The Faculty of Business Graduate program’s proven online learning platform will be employed as the primary technology to deliver courses and to supervise dissertations. Students, faculty and staff are all connected, creating a dynamic, interactive learning environment while giving students the support and service they need.
Leading edge research, exceptional management talent
The DBA supports leading edge research in management thinking and practice by students and faculty who bring real world experience, knowledge and workplace context to the table. It helps build highly qualified management talent who will foster innovation and competitive advantage for business and government, world-wide.
Athabasca University Online Doctorate in Business Administration students will:
- Expand competencies in management research and practice
- Effectively conduct and evaluate management research
- Develop scholarship in management practice
- Communicate research findings and outcomes
- Create solutions to business and organizational problems that will increase competitive advantage
- Enhance professional credibility
- Derive intrinsic satisfaction from higher level learning
Athabasca University is a member of The Executive DBA Council (EDBAC). EDBAC is an international association of thirty-five programs with a presence in thirteen countries.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Conceptual Foundations of Organizational Research
- Current Research
- Management Research in Practice
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Advanced Readings
- Dissertation Proposal/Preparation for Candidacy Exam
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 3 other PhDs in Business Administration in Canada
Applicants will have:
- an MBA or equivalent master’s degree from an accredited university
- five or more years of significant management and/or professional work experience
- an acceptable university level course in statistics
- English language proficiency
- an expression of research interests (1,000 – 1,500 words)
- three reference letters, preferably two business and one academic, but three business references are acceptable
International14335 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57340 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
National14335 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57340 CAD for the full programme during 48 months.
Living costs for Athabasca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.