Informatics Engineering from University of Porto aims to promote excellence in the Applied Research in Informatics, including theoretical aspects behind the modeling and project stages of Computer-based Systems.
Students at Informatics Engineering from University of Porto will gain knowledge in:
- theoretical fundamentals
- specification, project, modeling, representation, distribution and exploration of computing systems
- information acquisition, representation and processing, with special attention paid to the integration of those technologies in the organizational environments.
- Methodologies for Scientific Research
- Research Planning
- Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services
- Information Systems Integration
- Interaction and Visual Simulation Environments
- Advanced Methods of Modeling and Simulation
- Language Processing and Information Extraction
- Constraint Programming for Combinatory Optimization
- Intelligent Robotics
- Multi-agent Systems
- Test and Quality of Software
- Advanced Topics on Knowledge Extration and Machine Learning
- Advanced Topics in Informatics Engineering
- Software Engineering Research Topics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 7 other PhDs in Informatics & Information Sciences in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Those holding a High School 2nd Cicle (Master degree) in related subjects;
- Those holding an outstanding professional or scientific CV recognized as such by the Scientific Board of the Doctoral Program.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 36 months.
- EU/EEA partial time: € 1800
- Int: € 3800 partial time
- Int from CPLP countries: 50% of fee for other international students (€ 3000 / € 1800 per year)
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.