In addition, all students in the School of Teaching and Learning take a course focusing on introduction to research in curriculum and instruction, scholars in the field, and expectations of the professoriate.
On Campus Ph.D.:
The purpose of the Teachers, Schools, and Society program of the University of Florida is to prepare scholars to explore and rethink the intersections of curriculum, teaching, and teacher education with society and politics in an increasingly diverse world. With multiple and interdisciplinary approaches to research, theory and practice, our faculty offer avenues for examining issues that impact 21stcentury education and teacher education. Our students will be prepared to disrupt and challenge issues of equity in education through transformational learning.
Activities Ph.D. students become involved in:
- State and national conference presentations with doctoral students and faculty
- Research projects and publications, helping students become competitive for the job market
- Small, discussion-based seminars in which theory and practice are closely examined
- Collaboration with other doctoral students within the School of Teaching and Learning as well as doctoral students in the TSS specialization area
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Education
- Critical Pedagogy
- Perspectives in Curriculum, Teaching, and Teacher Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Teaching View 23 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 for all upper-division (last 60 credits) undergraduate work and previous graduate work
- An acceptable score on the GRE test. We will consider applications from individuals who have acceptable scores on both the verbal and quantitative sections
- Three letters of recommendation from university faculty
- Explain why this degree would enable you to meet your career goals and how this specific doctoral program in the School of Teaching & Learning at UF enables you to best reach these goals
- Apply Online and pay the application fee
- All transcripts from institutions of higher education
- For international students: You may submit either TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores
- Example of your academic writing
- An application for a Doctoral Fellowship or STL Assistantship.
- Explore financial aid options and apply for any appropriate for your situation.
- Submit a resume, showing at least three years of teaching experience and including the professional development experiences you have had (e.g., presentations, curriculum development, school and community leadership)
International448 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 448 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National448 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 448 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.