The History programme at University of Szeged focus on the history of the Roman Empire and ancient India, the history of Hungary in the pre-medieval era and the Middle Ages, the history and archaeology of the Eurasian Steppe, early-modern Hungarian history, Habsburg and Ottoman relations, the history of the Mediterranean world, and contemporary social and political history.
Who should apply?
We expect applicants to be interested in the modern approaches of the research of history. We recommend our programmes to students who have proficiency in classical and modern languages and have thorough knowledge in intercultural relations.
- Research areas cover cultural studies, paleography of scripts in several languages, history of popular culture, history of ideas, history of political thought, and historiography.
- Many of our graduates have attained fellowships at various universities, research centres and in departments of different universities; others hold highly valued positions in government offices and public education.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MA degree,
- a demonstrated proficiency in English or German, French, Turkish (B2 at least upper intermediate or equivalent),
- a letter of motivation,
- research plan, and/or other languages as required by the specific subprogramme
- an individual interview online.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 48 months.
- Application fee: 35 EUR
- Entrance Exam fee: 250 EUR
Living costs for Szeged
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.