The courses of the Interdisciplinary Sciences from University of Szeged are combined in this Graduate School and offer a wide variety of research. The third subprogram, Medical Genetics and Genomics includes hypothesis-testing in genetics and hypothesis-generating genomics in the field of biomedical research.
The genetic investigations aim to identify rare mutations and common polymorphisms; their results contribute to the development of preventive and therapeutic modalities for the affected patients. Identification of genetic variants responsible for monogenic human diseases (with special focus on genodermatoses, congenital heart defects and neurodegenerative diseases). Genotype-phenotype interactions in human monogenic diseases. Identification of phenotype modifying genetic variants in monogenic diseases. Functional analyses of newly identified genetic variants responsible for monogenic diseases.
- Role of Cytokine in Infectious and Non-Microbial Diseases
- Molecular Mechanisms in the Development and Prevention of Chronic Infectious Diseases
- Pathogenicity of Microorganisms
- Antimicrobial Chemotherapy and Prophylaxis
- Genomics of Pathogenic Organisms
- Preventive Medicine
- Impact of Social, Economic and Life Style Factors on the Health Status of the Population
- Experimental Investigation of Nervous System Damages Caused by Xenobiotics Emitted to the Environment by Human Activity
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Health Sciences Genetics View 5 other PhDs in Natural Sciences in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Preveious Academic records in fields of pharmacy, medicine or related fields.
- Certificates of language proficiency in English: at least intermediate level certified by internationally accredited language examination (TEL C B2, ECL B2, TOE FL iBT test score of at least 72, or PBT score at least 550; Cambridge First Certificate at least “B”; IELT S score of at least 5.5) and on individual interview online.
Students having previous scientific work in the above fields. Applicants should contact a relevant supervisor of the proposal and agree on the given research theme before submitting the application.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
- Application fee: 35 EUR
Living costs for Szeged
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.