You will generate and disseminate knowledge to advance nursing science and facilitate its translation into practice while designing and evaluating innovations to improve health outcomes.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing program from University of Arizona is built to work with your education experience with a BSN-PhD option, MS-PhD option, a PhD/DNP dual degree and a post-DNP PhD option with an individualized plan of study.
PhD Curriculum & Tracks
Part-time and full-time options are available for all pathways. Full-time study requires a minimum of 9 credits per semester.
MS-PhD students who have not completed a graduate statistics course within the past five years will be required to enroll in a graduate statistics course the first fall semester of the program. The PhD program coursework is completed fully-online.
Students are required to attend a mandatory, on-campus, one-week orientation known as the Resident Intensive Summer Experience (RISE) each year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgram Outcomes
- Generate and disseminate knowledge to advance nursing science and facilitate its translation into practice.
- Design and evaluate innovations to improve health outcomes
- Engage in and lead collaborative research teams
- Influence health science agenda-setting and policy initiatives.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance, Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Nursing View 41 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three recommendations attesting to the applicant’s potential to succeed in doctoral study. References will be submitted electronically through the NursingCAS application. References will then receive an email with an online form to complete that serves as their recommendation. Letters are not required.
- Current nursing license
- Completion of the NuringCAS online application and University of Arizona Graduate College Application.
- Resume/CV: Please use this CV template to help identify key areas our faculty look for during the admissions process.
- Applicant-Faculty mentoring match (see FAQs below for additional clarification)
- Additional documentation will be required if offered admission into the program.
International22400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 USD per year during .
National22400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 USD per year during .
In-State11400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11400 USD per year during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.