A student in the Biochemistry program offered at South Dakota State University must earn 90 credits (60 with prior earned M.S. degree). Of that, a minimum of 24 credits are in course work, with the remaining credits in dissertation research. Three of the 24 credits are seminars. The biochemistry core courses (see list below) are required.
After admission to candidacy the primary activity throughout the remainder of the graduate student's program is completion of the proposed research objectives. The degree requirements are completed when the written dissertation is defended before the faculty advisory committee. For a student entering with a bachelor's degree, it will typically take four to five years to complete all requirements for the Ph.D. program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Principles of Biochemistry
- Laboratory Rotations in Biochemistry
- Research Regulations Compliance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students are encouraged to apply several weeks prior to posted deadlines or the start of the semester to ensure all required documents are received.
you can also choose a 90 credit plan
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 109 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.