Students who undertake graduate studies in Ph.D. in Biological Sciences - Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Specialization at South Dakota State University normally have as their goal a better understanding of the current theories, principles, issues, and problems in agricultural and biological systems. Graduate studies improve the student’s ability to think critically and creatively, and to synthesize, analyze, and integrate ideas for decision-making and problem solving.
The department offers students an opportunity to undertake research and advanced study biological sciences with in relation to specialization areas such as food and biomaterial processing, physical properties of biological materials, natural resource engineering, structures, indoor environment, waste management and machine design.
- Agricultural and Biosystems engineer
- Scientist in a national laboratory
- Researcher in industrial research and development
- Teacher or researcher at a university
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent Study
- Graduate Seminar
- Research Regulations Compliance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
*you can also choose 90 credit plan
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Agriculture View 21 other PhDs in Agriculture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.