The graduate faculty offer expertise and graduate student advisement in subdisciplines from molecular biology through ecology. Faculty members are very successful in obtaining extramural funds to support graduate student projects. Graduate students of Biological Sciences - Microbiology Specialization at South Dakota State University have modern research laboratories, equipment and field research sites available to carry out their research projects.
The learning environment, scholarly excellence and quality of teaching are areas of strength in the department’s Graduate Program.
- Microbiologist in state and federal organizations
- Microbiologist and research scientist at research institutions
- Faculty in colleges and universities
- Research and technology officer in industrial sector
- Advanced post-doctoral training in microbiology and related fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The student, major advisor and Advisory Committee select the discipline specific emphasis area of the biological sciences. The courses will be identified on the student’s Plan of Study no later than the end of the first year of study.
Seminar Credit: 1 - Selected with advisory committee approval
Research Regulations Compliance Credit: 1
- Minimum of 3 credits of STAT courses numbered 500-level or higher
Dissertation Credits: 30-40 - Students are required to present a seminar on their dissertation
Electives as needed to reach 60 or 90 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
or 90-credit plan
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Microbiology View 189 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 648 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 337 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.