The graduate faculty offer expertise and graduate student advisement in subdisciplines from molecular biology through ecology. Faculty members are very successful in obtaining extramural funds to support graduate student projects. Graduate students of Biological Sciences - Microbiology Specialization at South Dakota State University have modern research laboratories, equipment and field research sites available to carry out their research projects.
The learning environment, scholarly excellence and quality of teaching are areas of strength in the department’s Graduate Program.
- Microbiologist in state and federal organizations
- Microbiologist and research scientist at research institutions
- Faculty in colleges and universities
- Research and technology officer in industrial sector
- Advanced post-doctoral training in microbiology and related fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program content: Graduates will demonstrate fundamental knowledge in biological or microbiological sciences broadly focused on cellular and molecular biology concepts and will specialize in specific area of biology, microbiology or molecular biology.
- Content – Research: Graduates will carry out research and scholarly activity in analysis of scientific data using statistics.
- Communication skills: Graduate will demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills in expressing and reporting scientific findings and concepts.
- Intellectual and critical thinking: Graduates will demonstrate effective intellectual and critical thinking traits.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
or 90-credit plan
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Microbiology View 45 other PhDs in Microbiology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.