The Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science Department is an integrated department that includes programs in crop production, entomology, horticulture, plant biotechnology, plant breeding, plant pathology, precision farming, soils, water management, and weed science.
The primary goals of the department are to conduct research in these areas, to transmit the results to the public, and to help prepare students for an occupation in these disciplines and to become productive members of a community.
Graduate training during the Biological Sciences - Plant Molecular Biology Specialization at South Dakota State University includes classroom instruction, teaching experience, seminars designed to refine oral and written skills, and meaningful experience in laboratory and field research techniques. Departmental diversity encourages collaborations among disciplines and research programs that support this graduate training.
- Agricultural consultant (domestic or international)
- Agricultural chemical researcher or sales manager
- Commercial crop or greenhouse manager
- Food processing scientist
- Plant biotechnologist
- Plant breeder
- Plant industry or biofuels researcher
- Senior scientist or program leader for a federal or state agriculture, environmental quality, or land management agency
- University professor, research support scientist, or extension educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The student, major advisor and Advisory Committee select the discipline specific emphasis area of the biological sciences. The courses will be identified on the student’s Plan of Study no later than the end of the first year of study. In addition, the student will successfully complete:
- Seminar Credit: 1 - Selected with advisory committee approval
- Research Regulations Compliance
- Minimum of 3 credits of STAT courses numbered 500-level or higher
- Dissertation Credits: 30-40 - Students are required to present a seminar on their dissertation
- Electives as needed to reach 60 or 90 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
*you can also choose 90 credit plan
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Molecular Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 41 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 648 USD per credit during 36 months.
National648 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 648 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 337 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.