Graduate education in the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences is focused on the one health concept, with major emphasis in infectious diseases of food-producing domestic species and zoonotic diseases.
Research projects of the Biological Sciences - Veterinary Microbiology Specialization at South Dakota State University range from basic (mechanistic) to applied science. The interaction of service, discovery, and education that takes place within the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences results in new knowledge, timely information, and students prepared for careers that make a difference for animals and people alike.
- Academic Faculty
- Animal Health Industry
- Veterinary or Human Diagnostics
- Animal or Human Health Research
- Wildlife Research
- Professional Veterinary or Human Medical School
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The student, major advisor and Advisory Committee select the discipline specific emphasis area of the biological sciences. The courses will be identified on the student’s Plan of Study no later than the end of the first year of study.
- Seminar Credit: 1 - Selected with advisory committee approval
- Research Regulations Compliance Credits: 1
- Minimum of 3 credits of STAT courses numbered 500-level or higher
- Dissertation Credits: 30-40 - Students are required to present a seminar on their dissertation
- Electives as needed to reach 60 or 90 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
*you can also choose 90 credits plan
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Bioinformatics View 47 other PhDs in Bioinformatics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application must include the application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificates, and other materials as required by specific programs before processing of the application will begin. The Graduate School employs a rolling deadline, however, students should check with their program of interest for specific admission deadlines.
- Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy degree, 60-credit plan, must have a Master’s degree. This degree must be awarded from an approved, accredited institution. In those cases where applicants do not have a Master’s degree, departmental requirements will apply, either requiring completion of a Master’s degree or permitting an individual to move directly into a doctoral program, 90-credit plan. Domestic, international or non-degree seeking students may submit an application online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
National39240 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit
In-State20400 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.